Saturday, September 14, 2013

Moving Sand

Ocean Beach Dunes 
Last week, San Francisco was experiencing a wave of incredible weather. Everyday, the temperature was around 80 degrees and there wasn't a cloud in the sky. On Saturday, September 7th, my friends and I decided to go to the beach. Now there are a few beaches to visit in San Francisco. Typically, most people go to Baker Beach because you can see the Golden Gate Bridge and the weather is generally nice. Another beach you can visit is Ocean Beach. Now Ocean Beach is in the heart of the Sunset. It has huge dunes that are great to roll down, fire pits for bonfires, and lots of hot surfer guys. The only problem is the water is absolutely freezing. Even on a hot day, going into the water would be a death sentence. Every surfer doesn't leave the shore unless they are completely zipped in a wetsuit. 

So on this hot day, we found a spot next to a group of girls with a loud speaker. It was awesome. These girls, who were no older than 14 or 15 years old, continued to get hit on by some 40-year-old guy. That was not awesome. I got to lie out in the sun, read my book, and eat snacks. It was the first time since I moved to the city that I wore a bathing suit. I could feel my skin absorbing all of the vitamin D. The combination of the warm sun, the fresh breeze, and the good music, was making this one of the greatest days in the city. Until…  
He was this genre of creepy
Yup, thats pretty much how it looked
            A fat ass seagull released a kamikaze reign of s**t fire all over my friends towel. The stench was revolting, so we resorted to burying that portion of her towel in the sand. After that incident, my friends decided to go for a wine run. I continued to lie on my towel and read my book, until the wind changed. The stench of rotting corpse surrounded our spot and overwhelmed my nostrils. No matter how many times I changed spots, the smell was still there, and getting stronger. When my friends finally returned with their wine, they too started to smell it. Just a few later, a group of kids in front of us started to scream. One of the kids was digging at the sand and uncovered a massive cluster of maggots. There were so many of them that it looked like the sand was moving. The kid continued to dig and ended up unburying a dead sea lion. A MASSIVE sea lion, I might add. You could see the entire outline of the body: the head, the flippers, and the tail. I am not going to lie, but I initially thought it was a human corpse. 
It looks like a guy in a wetsuit
At that point, our day at the beach was pretty much over. But, at least I got to sun bathe for a few hours. 
Let me recap my day at the beach.
1- beautiful weather
2- warm breeze
3- sun bathing
4- Old-man Creeper
5 - bird s**t
6- rotting sea lion corpse
hot dogs or legs?
7- no tan 


I guess that is just a sign from the universe that I should not go tanning.

#foreverpale 

4 comments:

  1. This is a combination of priceless, disgusting, and tragic. I hope you never have to experience anything like that again, but thank you for enduring it just this once -- for my own sick and twisted entertainment. ~ from a #foreverpale compadre

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the story of your day at the beach and the different encounters that took places whilst at the lovely and cold ocean beach.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This kind of stuff only happens in San Francisco and I really enjoy hearing all the crazy stuff that people go through. Normal and routine days turned a little weird are always fun stories and I think you captured a pretty nice tale here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a funny article and I glad you’re so humorous about your misfortunes. It started out to be a wonderful day and turned into something else.

    ReplyDelete